if it is not safe for you, then it is not safe for a bird!
my list of Don'ts! AND IT WILL ALWAYS GROW!
Teflon- KILLS YOU AND YOUR PET!
Air Freshener- Yes makes it smell nice, kills birds!
Carpet fresheners- See above!
Candles- Smoke kills. You cannot see THE SMOKE, YOUR BIRDS WILL!
bleach- never around your birds. I have been told that you can use 9parts water to one part bleach as an easy disinfectant. allow to air-dry in sunlight if possible.
hOOKS IN CAGES- NO NO NO! eASY WAY TO KILL A BIRD!
zINC- uSE A MAGNET TO TEST TOYS BEFORE ADDING THEM TO YOUR PETS HOUSE. IF THE TOY ATTACHES TO THE MAGNET, no go! iF THERE IS RUST, THERE IS ZINC.
pLANTS- pRETTY TO YOU, KILLERS TO BIRDS. THERE ARE SAFE ONES THAT YOUR PET CAN EAT. (See here)
ceiling fans- INSTANT KILLERS.
booze- KILLS PEOPLE, AND DOES SO BIRDS!
electrical LINES- birds LOVE TO CHEW! one GOOD BITE AND NO MORE baby!
last- COMMON SENSE!
think OF IT LIKE THIS. yOU HAVE A NEWBORN INFANT AND YOU "child proof" THE HOUSE TO KEEP THE CHILD SAFE, THEN wHY NOT YOUR PETS HOUSE?